Thursday, April 2, 2009

4th of July 2008 - Digital Layout

I really enjoyed creating my Twilight digital layout last night, so this morning I got the itch to try another layout but with my own pictures. Since I love the 4th of July and am a very patriotic person (um... look at my blog background *wink*), I decided to use the pictures we took for the holiday and put them in a layout.


From Semper Papercrafting


First off, I have decided I really need Photoshop Elements. I downloaded the program to try from Scrapbook Flair, while it's a good BASIC program, it doesn't do what I need it to do. I think PSE (Photoshop Elements) will give me the extra features I need. I also have an issue with saving on the Scrapbook Flair program -- I've troubleshooted it, referred to their forums and I'm still out of luck. It also has a tendency to change the layout just a smidge when you save it in a jpg format -- others may not notice, but I see the differences.

If you're someone who is thinking about trying digital scrapbook, I would recommend downloading and trying the Scrapbook Flair program to see if you like digital scrapbooking. It's a great program for basic stuff and comes with many embellishments and papers already loaded. It's similar to PSE in that it uses layers, but doesn't have as many bells and whistles as PSE -- which is what I need. Most of the papers and embellishments I've used so far have had to be download individually since I didn't care for the preloaded ones.

I'm having a blast with digital scrapbooking. This layout - and it's pretty basic - took me maybe 15-20 minutes to put together and the embellishments/paper cost me nothing. WHOOHOO! So in that respect, I see digital scrapbooking as a great time and cost effective way to scrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment