Sunday, February 22, 2009

CC Swap Cards

Just a heads up, if you're over here from Coastie Chicks, avert your eyes!!

I participate in a monthly card swap over at Coastie Chicks (it's a website for Coast Guard spouses). This month the two themes were: St. Patrick's Day and General. So, as overly ambitious as I can occasionally be -- I decided to do both. So, here are my cards. The inspiration for the layouts, came from Split Coast Stampers and also a couple of blogs that have sketch challenges. If you don't know what a sketch is, it is a layout that is 'sketched' out, then you just apply your own spin on it (i.e. paper, stamps, embellishments) as long as you follow the basic guidelines. For example at Taylored Expressions, I used their layout to help create my St. Patrick's Day cards. Mine isn't nearly as good as their examples, but when you have to mass produce several and you're on a time crunch, you have to sacrifice crazy embellishments.

St. Patrick's Day:
From Semper Papercrafting


General:
From Semper Papercrafting


Lately, I've been browsing a lot of craft blogs from some very talented ladies. It amazes me what artists these stampers are (including the ladies from Twilight Tuesday). I can only aspire to be as good as them. But it forces me to challenge myself and TRY to step up to the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment