Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Twilight Tuesday Inspiration Challenge #20

We traveled to Italy this week with the Twilight Tuesday challenge. This week's challenge is brought to us by Jen:

So for your creativity challenge this week I want you to revel in the beauty that is Italy. Showcase the landscape, the culture, the food, the music… anything that catches your fancy about Italy.

For you comment challenge I want to tell me have you been to Italy? What did you like best about it? Have you been to Volterra? And what are you hoping the director of New Moon captures about Italy in the movie?


I found a great picture of the Palazzo dei Priori which is where Edward in New Moon is going to show himself as a vampire to the crowd during the Saint Marcus Day festivities in order to provoke the Volturi to kill him. I created a postcard that could be a souvenir from this festival that celebrates Father Marcus banishing all the vampires from Volterra fifteen hundred years prior. I kept my project whimsical since it is a festival that includes red flags throughout the city, the patrons wearing red clothes, hats, scarves and of course, plastic vampire teeth.

From Semper Papercrafting


I've never been to Italy before, unless the "Italy" section of Epcot counts. ;) I would love to travel there someday. There is so much in Europe I want to see. It doesn't hurt that the Twilight series has definitely peaked my interest in Italy. Ciao!

9 comments:

  1. A postcard?! how fantastic! this is great Laura, I love that little vampire.
    Molto brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! You've brought back some great memories for me :-) I've actually stood in the exact spot this was taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! I love that little vampire in the corner. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my comment post? I also love the little vamp in the corner. This was a cool project and a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! What lil places I've traveled to - I always collected as many postcards that I could! I love it! Especially that lil vamp there ;) Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay that is adorable. That little vamp! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love it and your little vampire is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the postcard! And that little vampire is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so clever -- what a great idea! You always put so much thought into your Twilight projects -- it really shows!

    ReplyDelete